1.1Admission for the first year of the course shall be open to the students:
- Who have passed the two year Pre-University examination conducted by the Karnataka State Pre-University Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as a subject of study; Or
- Who have passed 10+2 of the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as a subject of study; Or
- Who possess Three-Year Diploma in any stream with Mathematics recognized by Government of Karnataka, or any other State government or Central government or any other Diploma qualification considered equivalent there to by this University;Or
- Who possess international Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling; Or
- Who have passed any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto.
1.2The candidates shall Pass in the qualifying examination. Provided that candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and any other groups classified by the Government of Karnataka for such purpose from time to time shall be considered eligible for admission, if they have passed the qualifying examination giving eligibility for B.Arch. admission with Passing Marks.
1.3Candidates coming from Diploma streams shall not be entitled to any exemption of any subject at the B. Arch. Degree course.
1.4All the candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. shall pass the National Aptitude Test conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi. Currently, the pass marks is 70 out of 200 in the NATA. This requirement is to be fulfilled by all candidates including those belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other classified groups.
1.5Candidate has to satisfy the following conditions
- Pass in +2 or PUC board exam with PCM
- Pass in 10+3 Diploma any stream with Mathematics recognized by state technical board
- The candidate should have qualified in the NATA/JEE aptitude exam.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
NATA measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture, through assessment of cognitive skills, visual perception and aesthetic sensitivity tests, logical reasoning and critical thinking ability, etc., besides the learning that the candidate has acquired over the past few years and is related to the specific field of study.